The product with the largest scale recall (in terms of the number of units recalled) so far in 2009 is a series of inflatable baby floats manufactured by Aqua-Leisure Industries based in Avon, Massachusetts. The CPSC received 31 reports of leg straps on the baby floats that had torn, causing children to fall into the water. While no injuries were reported, the CPSC found the product caused a drowning risk. Aqua-Leisure recalled 4 million of the baby floats and owners were offered a full refund.
Recent Frequently Asked Questions:
- What Allegations Have Been Filed Against The Takata Corporation And The Automobile Manufacturers?
- What’s The Difference Between Tire Tread Separations & Tire Blowouts?
- What Are Some Safety Misconceptions About Cars?
- How Large Is The Takata Airbag Recall?
- What Do You Need To Know About Takata Airbag Recalls & The NHSTA?