The product with the largest scale recall (in terms of the number of units recalled) so far in 2009 is a series of inflatable baby floats manufactured by Aqua-Leisure Industries based in Avon, Massachusetts. The CPSC received 31 reports of leg straps on the baby floats that had torn, causing children to fall into the water. While no injuries were reported, the CPSC found the product caused a drowning risk. Aqua-Leisure recalled 4 million of the baby floats and owners were offered a full refund.
Recent Frequently Asked Questions:
- Which Cars Are Included In The Takata Airbag Settlement?
- What Are Some Safety Misconceptions About Cars?
- If I Or A Loved One Was Injured Or Killed Due To The Defective Takata Airbags What Steps Should I Take?
- What If There’s A Recall And The Dealer Can’t Fix Your Car?
- How Large Is The Takata Airbag Recall?