Nicholas Gurney has made it his mission to represent real people in their fight against powerful corporations, massive insurance companies, and oppressive government. In his career, Nicholas has secured favorable jury verdicts for clients in both civil and criminal trials. After graduating with honors from the University of Central Florida, Nicholas worked locally, learning from some of the most decorated and successful trial lawyers around.
Nicholas received his Juris Doctorate with honors from the University of Florida, graduating Cum Laude. There, he earned the highest grade in six different courses before being selected for induction into both the National Order of Barristers and Florida Blue Key Honor Society. Nicholas was honored with the Helen G. Blechman Memorial Award in recognition for his provision of more free legal services than any other graduate. Nicholas has degree certificates in Criminal Justice, Community Service, and Pro Bono Free Legal Service.
From there, Nicholas became one of the youngest graduates of Gerry Spence’s famed Trial Lawyers College in Dubois, Wyoming. Nicholas has gone on to secure favorable results for clients including recent jury verdicts of more than $1 million in both Collier and Palm Beach Counties. Nicholas has been named Top 30 Under 30 by the University of Central Florida and Top 40 Under 40 by the National Trial Lawyers.
Outside the office, Nicholas serves on the Board of Directors of the Florida Justice Association and the ICE Foundation, serving Florida’s youth through community development and mentorship. He actively supports and coaches the UCF Trial Team, of which he is a distinguished alumnus and past National Tournament qualifier and competitor. Nicholas enjoys spending time with his niece and nephew, both of whom are wise beyond their years.
- The Florida Bar
- The United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- The United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida
Awards and Involvement
- National Trial Lawyers, Top 40 Under 40, 2018
- University of Central Florida Alumni, Top 30 Under 30, 2017
- Helen Gibel Blechman Endowed Pro Bono Award, Recipient
- Florida Blue Key Honor Society, Member
- National Order of Barristers, Member
- Trial Lawyer’s College, Graduate
- Florida Justice Association, Board of Directors
- ICE Foundation, Director of Grants and Corporate Giving
- ICE Foundation, Board of Directors
- UCF Mock Trial Team, Coach