Nicholas Gurney has made it his mission to represent real people in their fight against powerful corporations and massive insurance companies. In his career, Nicholas has secured favorable jury verdicts in both civil and criminal trials, including jury verdicts of more than $1 million in both Collier and Palm Beach Counties. His passion for justice extends outside the office where Nicholas serves as an Adjunct Professor of Legal Studies, teaching at the University of Central Florida’s new downtown campus.
Nicholas graduated with honors from the University of Central Florida, working locally and learning from some of the most talented trial lawyers around. Nicholas went on to receive his Juris Doctorate, Cum Laude from the University of Florida. There, he earned the highest grade in six different courses and was inducted into both the National Order of Barristers and Florida Blue Key Honor Society. Nicholas was honored with the 2016 Helen G. Blechman Memorial Award in recognition of his donation of more free legal services than any other graduate. Nicholas has obtained degree certificates in Pro Bono Work, Criminal Justice, and Community Service.
Nicholas is one of the youngest graduates of Gerry Spence’s famed Trial Lawyers College and was recently named to both the University of Central Florida’s Top 30 Under 30 and the National Trial Lawyers’ Top 40 Under 40. Outside the office, Nicholas actively supports and coaches the UCF Trial Team, of which he is a distinguished alumnus and past National Tournament qualifier and competitor. Nicholas enjoys spending time with his niece and nephew, both of whom are wise beyond their years.
- The Florida Bar
- The United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- The United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida
Awards and Involvement
- Adjunct Professor, Department of Legal Studies, UCF
- National Trial Lawyers, Top 40 Under 40, 2018
- University of Central Florida Alumni, Top 30 Under 30, 2017
- Helen Gibel Blechman Endowed Pro Bono Award, Recipient
- Florida Blue Key Honor Society, Member
- National Order of Barristers, Member
- Trial Lawyer’s College, Graduate
- Florida Justice Association, Board of Directors
- ICE Foundation, Director of Grants and Corporate Giving
- ICE Foundation, Board of Directors
- UCF Mock Trial Team, Coach