Nicholas Gurney has made it his mission to represent real people in their fight against powerful corporations, massive insurance companies, and oppressive government. In his career, Nicholas has secured favorable jury verdicts for clients in both civil and criminal trials. After graduating with honors from the University of Central Florida, Nicholas worked locally in Orlando, learning from some of the most decorated and successful trial lawyers around.
Nicholas then received his Juris Doctorate from the University of Florida Levin College of Law, graduating Cum Laude with Dean’s List Honors. Nicholas earned the highest grade in six (6) courses as well as degree certificates in Community Service, Criminal Justice, and Pro Bono Legal Service. During his time at UF Law, Nicholas was selected for induction into both the National Order of Barristers and Florida Blue Key Honor Society, before receiving the Helen Blechman Memorial Award for his donation of more than 550 free legal service hours—more than any other UF Law graduate.
From there, Nicholas became one of the youngest graduates of Gerry Spence’s famed Trial Lawyers College in the mountains of Dubois, Wyoming. Nicholas has gone on to secure favorable results for clients including a recent jury verdict of $1,345,000 in Collier County, Florida.
Outside the office, Nicholas serves on the Board of Directors of the Florida Justice Association and the ICE Foundation, serving Florida’s youth through community development and mentorship. He actively supports and coaches the UCF Trial Team, of which he is a distinguished alumnus and past National Tournament competitor. Nicholas also enjoys spending time with his niece and nephew, both of whom are wise beyond their years.
- The Florida Bar
- The United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- The United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida
Awards and Involvement
- National Trial Lawyers, Top 40 Under 40, 2018
- University of Central Florida Alumni, Top 30 Under 30, 2017
- Helen Gibel Blechman Endowed Pro Bono Award, Recipient
- Florida Blue Key Honor Society, Inducted Member
- National Order of Barristers, Inducted Member
- Trial Lawyer’s College, Graduate
- Florida Justice Association, Board of Directors
- ICE Foundation, Director of Grants and Corporate Giving
- ICE Foundation, Board of Directors
- UCF Mock Trial Team, Coach