Newsome Melton awards the Student Leadership Scholarship (Scholarship) once per year. Only U.S. students who meet these criteria are eligible for the Scholarship:
- Must follow all application instructions and submit requested documentation in proper format;
- Must apply using the form on the application page;
- Must be a high school senior or currently enrolled in an accredited college or university;
- Must have a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0;
- Must be a U.S. citizen, U.S. national, or permanent resident; and
- Must be at least 17 years old at the time of enrollment in college or university.
A scholarship committee will evaluate all eligible applicants. The scholarship committee will select a winner and its decision is final. The scholarship committee will not consider incomplete applications or those submitted after the deadline.
Applicants’ age, race, religion, gender, national origin, familial status, or other protected classes will not affect the scholarship committee’s decision.
Notifying the Winner
The scholarship committee will notify the winner of the Scholarship in January of 2019. Due to the high volume of applications, the scholarship committee is unable to answer questions about application status.
Neither the scholarship committee nor Newsome Melton will give, sell, or distribute personal information submitted with the application to any third parties. Application materials and information submitted with the application become the property of Newsome Melton.
Newsome Melton reserves the right to use the name and photos of the winner in any announcements, on any Newsome Melton websites, in marketing materials, or in any communications related to the Scholarship. By submitting an application, applicants agree to the public use of their name and image.
Recent Frequently Asked Questions:
- Can Your Vehicle Seat Paralyze You In A Crash?
- What Are The Causes Of Action In A Florida Product Liability Case?
- What Do You Need To Know About Takata Airbag Recalls & The NHSTA?
- Can You File A Lawsuit If Your Tire Was Recalled?
- If I Or A Loved One Was Injured Or Killed Due To The Defective Takata Airbags What Steps Should I Take?