Over the last few weeks there has been an onslaught of media coverage and public attention to the Takata recall issue that we have discussed here several times. Senator Bill Nelson, who has been a vocal critic of the manner in which Takata and auto makers have handled the recall, will chair a Senate Commerce Committee hearing today in which he will question Takata and other industry executives about what and when they knew about the problem. He will also question NHTSA about the role they played in the recall and what appears to be a broken vehicle and tire recall system.
As a result of the congressional and national media attention, there have been several new pieces of the reported story which have recently been made public. Today our firm filed an amended complaint which alleges many of these new facts and sets forth a detailed history of the reported defect story.
The timeline below summarizes the basic facts and history of the recall as alleged in the amended complaint.
Embed this image
You can embed this image on your own web site or blog! Copy the code below and paste it in your HTML to instantly embed this timeline image on your site!
Recent Frequently Asked Questions:
- What Allegations Have Been Filed Against The Takata Corporation And The Automobile Manufacturers?
- What Is The Most Common Cause Of Tire Failure?
- What Are Some Safety Misconceptions About Cars?
- What Causes A Tire To Fall Off While Driving?
- If I Or A Loved One Was Injured Or Killed Due To The Defective Takata Airbags What Steps Should I Take?