As a litigation paralegal at Newsome Melton, Lara Sucharski is an advocate for people who otherwise wouldn’t have a voice against big corporations. Lara’s interest in understanding human behavior is what led her to study psychology at the University of Central Florida in Orlando, Florida. After graduating with honors, Lara found that her extensive research and writing background applied well to a career as a paralegal – especially under the focus of product liability. Add in her experience working with multiple civil rights organizations, and Lara was a natural fit as a consumer advocate at Newsome Melton.
In addition to helping Newsome Melton try civil cases for victims of crime, Lara works with the community to organize and conduct clothing drives for local agencies that assist with job training and placement for residents of women’s shelters and women in transition.
The most rewarding aspect of Lara’s job is seeing her clients move forward in a positive way after tragic circumstances. “I think that the relationship we develop with our clients through the litigation process gives them some direction during a very difficult time,” says Lara. “It gives them some sense of support and structure. It’s nice to have someone in your corner who’s going to be swinging the sword for you so you don’t have to do that. You know you’re not going to be silenced.”
Lara is driven toward influencing meaningful change in the marketplace and advocating for consumers everywhere. She’s also an active member of several professional associations, including:
- The American Association for Justice (AAJ)
- Florida Justice Association (FJA)
- Hispanic Bar Association of Central Florida (HBACF)
- The National Crime Victim Bar Association (NCVBA)
- What Do You Need To Know About Toyota’s Curtain Shield Airbag Recall?
- What Are The Causes Of Action In A Florida Product Liability Case?
- Can You File A Lawsuit For Defective Aftermarket Parts?
- How Do You Determine The Age Of Your Tires?
- If I Or A Loved One Was Injured Or Killed Due To The Defective Takata Airbags What Steps Should I Take?
University of Central Florida, Orlando, Florida, 2000 - Bachelor of Science, With Honors
Professional Associations and Memberships:
American Association for Justice (AAJ), Paralegal Member, 2006 - Present
Florida Justice Association (FJA), Paralegal Member, 2007 - Present
Hispanic Bar Association of Central Florida (HBACF), Paralegal Affiliate 2011-Present
The National Crime Victim Bar Association (NCVBA), Member 2016 – Present